[Infographic] How to Backup iPhone Data
“We’re calling for a back up”… over “back up on the way.” This is not a war scene, but we all understand the need for backups, right?
The fact of the matter is, we’re at war…yes, you heard me right fighting against data loss, system breakdown or theft of gadgets with all the information in them.
If I’m right, then I’m sure you wouldn’t want to lose this battle. You’re willing to do anything to ensure your data are safe and readily accessible when you need them.
Now here’s a nice statistics from consumerreports.com I did like to share with you. According to the site, there’re a number of things which can lead to losing your iphone data; they include such things as:
- Accidental deletion: 35% of of iphone data loss is as a result of accidental deletion. Can you remember how it felt, searching for those files and couldn’t? The frustration of swiping through your photo gallery to show a particular picture to a friend but then you couldn’t find them. You could avoid the frustration and embarrassment if there’s a backup. All you need do would have been to log in your itune or icloud account and retrieve it.
- iPhone falling into water or broken: 20% of iphone data loss is due to falling either into water or on the ground which causes it to be broken.
- Virus attack on iPhone – 5%
- Restore to factory settings without backup – 10% of iphone data loss is as a result of restoring to factory settings. I was a victim of this. Somehow, I restored my phone to factory setting and lost all my data.
- iPhone got lost or stolen – 15% of iphone data loss is as a result of theft. Off course if the data were backed up. You know you could easily get them back.
- Failed iOS upgrade or jailbreak – 15%
Photos, videos and contacts are the top 3 iphone file formats at risk of been lost. This means you need to take extra care to protect these files. In fact 34% of iphone users take non-security measures to protect their phone from data loss.
Are you worried about backing up your iphone? Perhaps you don’t know how to go about it. Fret no more, we have gathered all the information you need in one place.
We even went a step further to organize them into an infographic you will find visually appealing.
Infographic created by IOTransfer – free iPhone manager.