How to uninstall applications completely
One of the biggest problems computer users face today, is installing too many apps.
This creates various sorts of problems.
Some users tend to run out of space on their hard drive, while some tend to notice that their PC’s performance is taking a hit. It is common knowledge that Windows does get slow overtime, and a myth exists that only a clean install will fix things.
Theoretically, a full format and install indeed helps, but why does it fix things? Have you ever wondered about it? The answer lies in the question.
Formatting aka deleting the contents in Windows, deletes practically everything, in the partition, apps, pictures, documents, videos and more. This is what makes the PC feels like new.
It is because the process cleans the redundant registry entries, and apps that have been slowing down the entire system.
Some say that this is snakeoil, but you may try it yourself and find that it isn’t. But not everyone has the time or resources to format the PC’s hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch. A better idea would be to ensure that you delete all remnants leftover that an app leaves, when it has been uninstalled.
Doing so manually could be a tedious task, but why should you when an app can handle it? Yes, I’m talking about Revo Uninstaller of course. It is by far the best uninstallation software available.
How to uninstall apps completely
1. Download Revo Uninstaller. There is a free and a premium version, choose whichever one you wish to use.
2. Install it on your computer and run the program.
3. It will display a list of all the apps you have installed on your PC.
4. Select the one you wish to remove and right-click on it. (see the screenshot above).
5. Click on the uninstall option. This will initiate a registry backup and also create a system restore point, in case you wish to fall back to the previous settings.
6. After the backup has been completed, the uninstallation process of the app you selected begins. This is done through the app’s own uninstaller and not Revo’s.
7. Wait for the process to complete, and then switch back to the Revo Uninstaller’s window, and click on the Scan button. This will make Revo scan your system registry, and the uninstalled app’s folders for remnant items.
8. Go through the registry keys highlighted in bold and delete them. DO NOT delete the folder above the bold items.
9. Click on next and delete the folders left behind by the uninstalled app.
And you’re good to go.
It is not advised to use Revo Uninstaller to uninsta Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-malware apps. Normally vendors of security apps have their own uninstall tools, so use them instead.