Mail and Calendar app for Windows 10 adds support for Linked Inboxes
Windows 10 users, how often do you use your Outlook Mail app?
More importantly, how many accounts have you set up to use the app with?
If your answer is more than 1, then you must be familiar with the following scenario. More often than not, we tend to use our work and personal email accounts in email clients, and the Mail and Caendar app in Windows 10 is no exception.
But the problem with having more than one email accounts in an email client is that it gets a bit cluttered, and difficult to manage. Wouldn’t it be better to read all your emails in one place? This is xactly, what has been added (back) to the Mail and Calendar app for Windows 10.
This feature is called Linked Inboxes, and allows you to get, read and send messages from a singe unified inbox. The feature isn’t unique to Outlook’s email service, you can use any email provider and still use the feature in the app.
This feature is actually quite popular among mobile email client apps, like Gmail which has been supporting the option for a long time.
How to enable Linked Inboxes in Mail and Calendar in Windows 10:
- Open the Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10.
- If you don’t have an alternate email account set up in the app, do so and proceed.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the app.
- This should bring up the app’s options sidebar on the right side.
- Select the option which reads Manage Accounts.
- Click on the option which says Link Inboxes.
- This should bring up a small pop-up, which asks you to select the accounts, whose inboxes which you wish to merge.
- Click on the save button, and you are good to go.
Screenshot of Step 5
Now you will be able to view all your emails under the one Inbox option from the left sidebar.
How to disable Linked Inboxes in Mail and Calendar in Windows 10:
If you wish to disable Linked Inboxes, follow the above steps again from 1 to 6, and in the 7th step, select the “Unlink Inboxes” option, and save the changes.
Should you want to remove an account or two from Linked Inboxes, follow steps 1- 6, uncheck the email account you wish to unlink from Linked Inboxes, and save the changes.
You need to have Mail version 17.6509.64001.0 or above for the new Linked Inboxes to work. So hit the Windows Store app, and update the Mail and Calendar app now.